Nice lips can add to the overall facial beauty very much. Often, a desired shape of the lips is achieved using a lipstick and lip liner pencil. Nevertheless, ordinary make-up does not always help (e.g. under such weather conditions as rain, snow or heat). However lip deformities are corrected by various treatments and surgeries.
Lip surgery is a surgical specialty that aims at improving the appearance and also lips size and shape correction by increasing the fullness through lip enhancement. The full lips with an accentuated border have been associated with the beauty and hence, are desired virtually by all. The lip enhancement surgery can also reduce the wrinkles above the top lip.
Lip Correction Procedure
Do you want to improve the appearance of your lips? You’ve got your reasons. Nice lips and a beautiful smile often improve self-confidence. Thick or fat lips are reduced in size by removing a strip of the red part of the lip along with the underlying tissue from one end to the other end. This surgery is done under local anesthesia without any hospital stay and both the lips can be reduced at the same time. This procedure also can be combined with other facial surgeries.
The good news is that you have many options to improve the appearance of your lips. The methods we discuss here also reduce fine lines and wrinkles around your lips. It’s important to be realistic, too. Injections or implants can enhance and improve your natural look, but they’re not about performing miracles.
Types of Cosmetic Lip Surgery
Lip Augmentation: Lip Augmentation surgery is done for enlarging the lips by giving them a fuller appearance. The look of the lips is enhanced by filling the lips with synthetic substances providing them fuller and attractive look.
Some of the widely used lip augmentation substances include:
- Autologen: it is made from patient’s skin and is an injectable dermal material.
- Collagen: it is extracted from bovine hides and lasts for three to four weeks.
- Dermalogen: it is taken from patient’s skin and is converted into a high concentration collagen and is injected into the lips.
- Alloderm: it is a donor tissue taken from cadavers which is first purified and then is placed into the patient’s lips. It can also be placed into the vermillion or the pink area of the lip for providing definition and a sharper border to the lips.
- Radiance: it is a synthetic gel produced in the laboratory which is injected into the lip and lasts for more than three years.
- Restylane: it is a non- animal clear gel that is also used for lip enhancement and usually sustains for six months.
Liposuction: It is another lip job method for providing reformed and attractive lips to the patient. The procedure involves excision of fat from some places of patient’s body where it can be spared and placing it into the lips. The procedure can be done by both injecting the fat or by surgically placing it into the lips it is usually done under general anaesthesia.
Cleft Lip Surgery: A cleft lip is a gap in the lip caused due to disturbance in lip growth and is a birth defect. The reconstructive surgery is the cure to the cleft lips which usually begins in the first few months of an infant’s life. The surgery for repairing the cleft usually is performed during the first 3 to 18 months of the child’s birth. The reconstructive surgery is done through first making incisions. The surgeon creates incision on each side of the cleft from the lip to the nostril and then sutured together.
Our medical team sets high standards of healthcare services and boasts one of the finest cosmetic lip surgery centres in the country. There is no waiting period and the surgery provides brilliant results to patients receiving medical treatments in India.